Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sinusitis: Sinusitis and Hoarseness Natural Health Q&Amp;
Thumbs Up 
[size=4][b]Sinusitis - Sinusitis and Hoarseness Natural Health Q&Amp;a[/b][/size][hr]Q: I had my spleen removed because of Hodgkins Disease. What should I use for stuffy sinus and constant hoarseness? - Patrick A: In my opinion, you shouldn't "use" anything, but go see a Chinese medicine (CM) practitioner (acupuncturist/herbalist) for the appropriate herbs for your condition, which I cannot diagnose over the internet. I wonder if you are hoarse because of over the counter decongestants? - B.

[size=large][b]Q: I Went to the Doctor Because I Was Hoarse[/b][/size][hr]With the sinus drainage and him thinking that it could be stomach acid, I did try things like Nexium and Nasonex spray, without any luck. In reading some of your website I thought that I read something about a sinus and spleen connection. I think it was something about wet or dry spleen that herbs could help. If you don't have a spleen, it seems that you would be prone to constant sinus problems, which I think I have. It seems like I always have some mucous at the back of my throat. Any ideas? I would appreciate any info you can offer. I will try to locate a Chinese medicine practitioner. Thanks, - Patrick There are many varieties of Sinuses found today. However, we have stuck to the description of only one variety to prevent confusion! Smile

[list][*]For more on sinus problems, read these three articles: ***** ***** ***** There is a vast ocean of knowledge connected with Sinus.[*]What is included here can be considered a fraction of this knowledge! Wink[/list]

[size=large][b]There are Good Herbs for this- E.G[/b][/size][hr]The formula Ophiopogonis Plus (O+)from Far East Summit. But again, the complexity of the whole condition may make just one formula problematic - this one increase Lung yin, and if you also have sinus congestion, it might even worsen that. So, you'd need some combination like CEZT and O+.

[list][*]Fact, the autumn season (when this question was asked and article was written), is associated with both the Lung and with dryness.[*]So this would be the time of the year that the most people would get hoarse.[/list]

The Spleen in Western and Chinese Medicine Well, first please note that the Spleen of CM is different than the anatomical spleen of western medicine. The western spleen organ is mostly involved with blood, whereas the Chinese medicine Spleen organ-system is about digestion, assimilation, getting energy to the four limbs. In western terms, Spleen qi is probably something like enzymes (though not limited to that), which work with the stomach acid (part of the Stomach qi or yang) to digest the food.

Hoarseness and the Lung-system In Chinese medicine, we generally attribute hoarseness and loss of voice to dryness. The Lung-system, which includes the throat, is said to "hate dryness." The Lung likes to be moist - so the Lung yin is very important, and dryness is the enemy.

Quote:Treat the Causes and the Symptoms To treat it well, you need not only a sinus draining formula like Cang Er Zi Tang (CEZT) as the basis, but also herbs that address the root and related patterns. Only taking CEZT would not fix the cause of the problem, so by itself it would be only a temporary fix. We would add all or parts of formulas like: Sinus Draining are versatile as they are found in all parts and walks of life. It all depends on the way you take it Wink

Liu Jun Zi Tang for Spleen deficient dampness Er Chen Tang for phlegm Long Dan Xie Gan Tang for Liver Gallbladder damp-heat Shu Kan Wan or Xiao Yao San for Liver qi stagnation. Huang Lian Wen Dan Tang for phlegm and Stomach heat.

Causes of Sinus Congestion There is a connection with the sinuses: In CM, Spleen deficiency leads to dampness and phlegm (this is probably the "wet spleen" you were trying to remember), which can show up in sinus congestion. The Spleen is said to "raise the clear yang and descend the turbid yin." But there are other causes and factors in sinus congestion: inflammation (heat), stress, qi stagnation, and Liver/Gallbladder damp-heat.

[size=large][b]Many People Nowadays are Affected by Sinus Infections[/b][/size][hr]There are so many people that suffer from sinus infections, that in some countries alone there are more than five hundred thousand surgeries that are performed every year to help you get rid of a sinus infection. Smile

[size=large][b]The Medical Term for a Sinus Infection is Sinusitis[/b][/size][hr]Sinus infection can be acute or chronic. What happens in cases of sinus infection is that the sinuses found in your nose get inflammed. These sinuses that are found in your nose are cavities which are hollow and can be found near your eyes. In most of the sinus infection cases, the main reasons are structural problems, allergies or infections. Sinus infections can also be triggered by a cold. The acute form of the sinus infection lasts less than a month. If you see that the symptoms for sinus infection continue after this period and that they even get worse, you might have another problem. Chronic sinus infection lasts about four months. One of the diseases that has been associated with a chronic sinus infection case is allergies. The inhalation of allergens, which in turn trigger an allergic reaction is also another reason for a chronic sinus infection. Furthermore, people that suffer from asthma are also more at risk of developing the chronic form of sinus infection than others. The weather can also affect many people that suffer from chronic sinus infection. We were a bit tentative when embarking on this project on Sinus Infection Treatment. However, using the grit and determination we have, we have produced some fine reading material on Sinus Infection Treatment.

The treatment for chronic sinus infection is simple, but to treat this type of sinus infection successfully is a little more difficult. The main reason is because symptoms of sinus infection tend to last longer even when you have an antibiotics treatment for sinus infection. The main drugs used in treating a sinus infection that is chronic are decongestants and antibiotics. Nasal sprays are also used in patients that have a chronic sinus infection. There are some side effects that should be taken into consideration before starting the sinus infection treatmnet.any of the antihistamines that you can buy without a prescription to treat your sinus infection can cause drowsiness. The decongestants used in treating the chronic sinus infection can also elevate blood pressure and faster your heart rate. You might also have problems sleeping when using this sinus infection treatment. If you use nasal steroids to treat the sinus infection, be very careful because it can cause nose bleeds and crusts.

[list][*]What seems like common cold the first time its symptoms appear may actually turn out to be a case of sinus attack.[*]Just like when they contract the cold virus, children cough, sneeze or get red noses when sinusitis hits them.[*]What makes sinus attacks different from the common cold is the length of time the affliction wears itself out.[*]It takes victims - young and old - a longer time to recover from sinusitis than from common cold. [*]Prolonged conditions stretching up to two weeks mean that the cold virus infection has worsened to become a sinus infection.[*]Acute sinusitis describes an infection that drags on for more than two weeks.[*]Beyond this period--stretching beyond three months--the ailment is called chronic sinusitis.[*]Due to their less developed immune systems, children are at greater risk of getting hit by sinus attacks than adults. [/list]

[size=large][b]Sinuses Cover Themselves With Moist and Thin Layers of Tissue Called Mucous Membrane[/b][/size][hr]This membrane makes it possible to add moisture to the air that comes in through normal breathing. They likewise secrete a gooey liquid called mucus that fills parts of the nose, also known as snot. This liquid serves to collect dust and germs that fly in the air before they can go farther inside the body. Smile

[list][*]Symptoms of sinusitis include bad breath, mild fever, daytime cough, puffy eyes, and incessant nasal discharge.[*]There are children who also show signs of crankiness, physical exhaustion, and pain in various parts of the head.[/list]

Anything good can be said about sinusitis, it is this: The infection is not contagious. Unless discomforts are such that they are keeping the infected child from moving about, he or she may continue going to school or mingling with friends without fear of contaminating anyone. What the child needs to avoid are allergies and environmental pollutants. This will at least reduce the risks of going down with the infection--again. It may take some time to comprehend the matter on Chronic Sinusitis that we have listed here. However, it is only through it's complete comprehension would you get the right picture of Chronic Sinusitis.

[size=large][b]Why Our Bodies Need to Develop Sinuses is Not Clear to Many[/b][/size][hr]However, scientific studies suggest that sinuses make us feel less burdened by the weight of our head due to the light air that fills them. Scientists say that if anything solid were to take the place of the air pockets, our heads will become much heavier. Sinuses are also believed to enhance the depth and tone of our voice. For example, our voices often sound differently when we are suffering from common cold or, worse, sinus attack. It was our decision to write so much on Sinus after finding out that there is still so much to learn on Sinus.

The bones in our head and face have blank niches or spaces filled with air, called sinuses. Sinuses can be found at the back of the nasal cavity, on both sides of the nose, inside the forehead, behind both and in between eyes. Sinuses come in pairs; there are normally four pairs in each person. They start showing as early as the first few months of conception; they continue to develop until late adolescent age. We are proud to say we have dominance in the say of Sinusitis. This is because we have read vastly and extensively on Sinusitis. Smile

[list][*]Doctors who treat children suffering from symptoms of sinusitis normally check, apart from sinuses, the nose, throat, and ears for infection.[*]They tap or press lightly the patient's forehead and cheeks.[*]They prescribe antibiotics for infections caused by bacteria.[*]This medication normally takes effect within days after taking the dosage.[*]But in cases of chronic sinusitis, patients need to take the dosage for a longer period of time to ensure total removal of bacteria.[*]Decongestants or nasal sprays dry up blocked or runny nose.[*]The development of Sinusitis has been explained in detail in this article on Sinusitis.[*]Read it to find something interesting and surprising![/list]

[size=large][b]Mucus Membranes Surrounding the Nasal Area and Grow Tiny Hairs or Cilia[/b][/size][hr]These hairs sway, in ways that facilitate mucus flow, in and out of the nose. The cilia are disabled and the back flow of the mucus gets disrupted when a person contracts the cold virus. This explains why persons with cold develop symptoms like runny nose and clogged nasal cavities. The infection causes the swelling of mucus lining within the nasal area. This prevents the tiny passages between the sinuses and nose from working properly, effectively trapping more mucus within the sinuses. The immobile mucus becomes a friendly host for the virus, fungi and bacteria to breed. Producing such an interesting anecdote on Sinus Attack took a lot of time and hard work. So it would be enhancing to us to learn that you have made good use of this hard work!

[list][*]Xylitol, a relatively new, natural preventative is relatively unheard of by the public, yet it affects our lives on an everyday basis.[*]In fact, we are more familiar with it than we know-at least our bodies are.[*]Our bodies produce about 15 grams of xylitol on a daily basis, and yet most of us do not know how beneficial it is to our bodies. [/list]

Xylitol has been found so beneficial that it has been made the leading ingredient in chewing gum, nasal spray, and often as a sugar substitute or a sweetener. Whenever one reads any reading matter, it is vital that the person enjoys reading it. One should grasp the meaning of the matter, only then can it be considered that the reading is complete.

Simply using chewing gum not only with xylitol, but with xylitol as the leading ingredient prevents bacteria from eating at the teeth, keeping your teeth safe between brushes and flosses. Thinking of life without Sinus Problem seem to be impossible to imagine. This is because Sinus Problem can be applied in all situations of life.

[list][*]New benefits and clinical studies will continue to surface, and a xylitol education is an important part of prevention.[*]After all, prevention is the best medicine. [/list]

The infections cause swelling and a terrible ear ache may form as the first ear infection symptom. We may not realize how simple prevention really is. We are used to washing our hand before every meal and when ever they get dirty in order to avoid germs and bacteria. Since bacteria can settle in our ears, nose and throat at any time, the use of a xylitol nasal spray on a regular basis is just as important as washing our hands in order to prevent the afore-mentioned symptoms and infections, including an upper respiratory infection. Just as a book shouldn't be judged by its cover, we wish you read this entire article on Sinus Surgery before actually making a judgement about Sinus Surgery.

[size=large][b]We May Not Know How Much Sugar is in Everything We Eat[/b][/size][hr]Think about breakfast cereal, which is one of the most common breakfast foods for both children and adults. In the rare circumstance a cereal does not contain sugar, we may add it or have sugar in our coffee and tea instead. For the entire day that sugar in our mouths is preyed upon acid-producing bacteria. Even a xylitol artificial sweetener will provide the preventative power your mouth needs throughout the day. We have tried to place the best definition about Sinus Headache in this article. This has taken a lot of time, but we only wish that the definition we gave suits your needs.

[size=large][b]Another Common Problem is Caused by Post Nasal Drip[/b][/size][hr]The fluid that drains from the nose often builds in the sinuses or the throat, creating the perfect breeding ground for sinusitis or sinus infection. A simple sinus headache, created by sinus pressure, may be on of the first sinus infection symptoms you notice. The nasal congestions may build to the point of experiencing more than just pressure and headaches. Nasal problems may lead to sinus surgery.

[size=medium][b]Sinusitis as Well as Hoarseness Natural Health Q Amp a Q I D My Spleen[/b][/size]
[Image: https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/979/i...zed04.jpeg]

Addition to having a nasal problem or a sinus problem, an ear problem may also arise. The ear and the nose are connected by the Eustachian tube, which is also susceptible to fluid collection, especially with allergies or after bathing or swimming. Normally the fluid drains into the nose, but it sometimes gets caught and builds up, causing various forms of otitis media or ear infection. The adult ear infection and inner ear infection are other forms of otitis media and develop in similar ways. Whenever one reads any reading matter likeSinus Infection, it is vital that the person enjoys reading it. One should grasp the meaning of the matter, only then can it be considered that its reading is complete.

[size=large][b]Diabetics Do Not Have to be Deprived of Sweeteners in Their Food[/b][/size][hr]Sugar free sweetener helps to keep blood sugar low. In addition, xylitol helps influence low sugar alcohol levels. As you can see, xylitol is good for more than an earache. Sinus Problem proved to be the foundation for the writing of this page. We have used all facts and definitions of Sinus Problem to produce worthwhile reading material for you.

[size=large][b]Preventative Power[/b][/size][hr]Because xylitol naturally keeps bacteria from settling on sensitive tissue in the ears, nose, mouth, and throat, it is ideal for prevention of common problems experienced by children and adults alike.

[i]Often bacteria really begins working in our mouths shortly after we eat, consuming sugars and producing acids which create dental caries and tooth decay, leaving a cavity close to the gums in the enamel of the tooth.[/i]

Only recently has Xylitol been used as the dominant ingredient in preventative solutions and medicines, but it is about time we understood what xylitol is and what it can do for us. In an effort to familiarize mothers; families; business men and women; and everyone with eyes, ears, mouth, and nose; with xylitol, I have formulated this article into a glossary of xylitol, its preventative power, and its other benefits.

[size=large][b]Other Benefits[/b][/size][hr]Because xylitol is sugar free, and because of the way xylitol is absorbed so slowly by the body, and only partially used, it contains 40% fewer calories than other carbohydrates-perfect for those concerned about net carbs. You may be filled with astonishment with the amount of information we have compile here on Sinus Infection Symptoms. that was our intention, to astonish you.